Thursday, July 30, 2026

Digital art: Forms and figures


Another work using circular gradient fills, it turns out that if you apply gradient fill on top of another gradient fill, you get these bizarre shapes that look like birdies used in badminton. Strategic placement created a dynamic composition. 

Radio tube meld, Sketchbook, digital 800 x 1000

In this one I took a photo of a Vincent Van Gogh print I have hanging on the wall, then embellished the glass reflection with textural brushes and transparencies. 

Vincent reflections, Sketchbook, digital 800 x 1000


 

It was raining hard one day which inspired this textural work using a variety of brush tools. The under-drawing was circular, the over-drawing was on a diagonal to create visual kinetic energy. Splatter tool completed the wet look.  

Rainy day texture, Sketchbook, digital 800 x 1000

Using pop art composition, like Picasso or Warhol, I made a quick set of squiggles with an agitating colour scheme. It doesn't take much to convey the impression of a face with emotion. 


Worried person, Sketchbook, digital 800 x 1000 

No comments:

Post a Comment