Friday, September 25, 2020

Green Tree, Loyola Campus

 


Recently the Loyola campus renovated the unsightly parking lot to create a green, pedestrian friendly area with several benches and sustainable plants. As I sat painting here a fellow talked to me, from a safe distance, and it turned out he was an architect who designed the space with the team. He seemed pleased that a painter was drawn to the space, I appreciated having a place to sit. For my students it will be much better since they used to have to walk across this parking lot from the bus stop, now they have a sidewalk and some place to sit. The scene was overcast, making it grey and low contrast. When the sun is out this tree has an incredible hue of green, I will try to go back before it changes. 

Green Tree, Loyola Campus. 5 x 7" hot press, watercolour, Sept. 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment