Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Sundown on the data center

Our neighborhood has its very own data center down on st Jacques street. Maybe that is where my blog exists? Who knows. In this view, I tried to show the wide, flower-filled ditch (moat?) that encircles the center, with interesting trees backlit by a setting sun. The center is composed onto the right edge. 

Sundown on the data center, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026

A security guard was taking a break, sitting in the shade and looking at a cellphone. I was standing up on a small hill that separates the center from st Jacques street. Where I was standing is completely open to the public, like a small grassy expanse. The guard was behind a tall fence, that I omitted from these paintings.  

Security break data center, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026

The structure is a confusing array of various facades and panelling. The building was probably something else beforehand, and it was retrofitted to be a data center. Its a lot smaller than the ones we see on the news now-a-days. 

Data center puzzle, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment